What is the challenge?
It’s summer, which means lots of fun in the sun! But it might also mean more down time, whether it’s driving to go on vacation or visit friends, sitting in the shade, or sitting by the pool!
You might find that you’re sitting a little more than you’d like. The average American sits for more than 10 hours a day, so it’s important that we don’t sit more than we need to.
At Health Coach Institute, we’re all about changing our habit of sitting all day. Research shows that standing more can lower your risk for serious health issues, increase concentration and productivity, boost your metabolism, and more! So this July we are challenging you to find three times a day to get up and move with us.
We want you to challenge your community to join you too!
Are you game?
Show Us Your Moves!
One of the best things about exercise is that there are limitless options! You have the freedom to choose which exercise you love and make it a part of your everyday schedule.
We could write an entire book on the benefits of exercising regularly, but here are just a few ways moving every single day can improve your health and happiness!
- Improves mood
- Help with weight loss
- Increase energy
- Improve the health of your skin
- Help you sleep better
- Reduces risk of chronic disease
For this challenge, we’re asking you to move three times a day. That’s it! It could be three short periods of exercise or a longer workout paired with some short movement breaks. It’s all up to you!
We’ve listed some of our favorite exercises here to get you started.
- Yoga. Yoga is a great whole body exercise—for your muscles and for your mind!
- Running. It doesn’t have to be a marathon, but running for even 20-30 minutes a day is great for your health.
- Walking. Walking is low impact and very effective. Even something as simple as just skipping the elevator or parking far away is a great chance to fit in some quick exercise.
- Dancing. Put on your dancing shoes and crank up your favorite music! Dancing is fun, works your whole body, and is an instant mood lifter!
- Swimming. Swimming is another low impact exercise that works your entire body.
- High Intensity Interval Training workout. You can do short bursts of exercise with breaks in between. It makes for a very effective, shorter workout.
- Jumping. Jump in place, jump on a small trampoline, or jump rope. You might feel like a kid, but it can tone your whole body and get your heart rate moving! It’s a great way to fit in a HIIT exercise and, according to Science Daily, 10 minutes of skipping rope is about equivalent to running an 8-minute-mile! We were shocked too!
- There’s also Pilates, weight training, play sports like basketball or tennis, go hiking or rock climbing, oh my! We could go on and on, but your exercise options are endless!
- The challenge doesn’t cost anything to join!
- You can get a jump rope for under $10.
When Does It Begin?
The challenge begins
You start moving
Or if you want to get a head start, you can begin moving today!
The challenge is Monday – Friday with rest days on the weekend. The challenge officially ends on
But, that doesn’t mean you have to stop moving. Actually, we hope that this challenge makes movement a habit in your life!
Jump Into July challenge 2018 is over.
If you want to be the first to know about our next challenge. Please sign up below!